Chiavari Chairs have a powder-coated finish. Use the following directions to clean those surfaces.
- Use a solution of mild soap and warm water
- Apply to surface with a soft damp cloth or sponge (avoid using bristled brushes)
- Gently rub the surface and avoid scrubbing harshly
- Rise with water and let dry
- Use a standard cleaner, mild detergent (pH 5 to 8), or other appropriate product
- Avoid cleaners that are abrasive as that can erode some powder-coated finishes
- Wipe down the surface with a soft cloth and clean water
You can restore the luster of glossy finishes by using lemon oil or high-grade automotive paste wax. SoftScrub® can also be used to remove scuff marks and scratches.
Before using a cleaner, review the cleaning ingredients or technical data sheets. Avoid using an abrasive cleaner or polish, and cleaners that contain ketones, esters, or acetones (for example, nail polish remover).
Cleaning Vinyl Fabric
To disinfect PVC (polyvinyl chloride) vinyl upholstery, we recommend using these EPA-approved solutions which have been shown to sanitize against COVID-19 and other strains of the coronavirus. Always, pre-test any cleaning method or agent in a small, hidden, inconspicuous area to ensure it won’t damage the fabric.
- A solution of 10% bleach mixed with 90% clean water
- Super Sani-cloths Virex™ II, 256
Note that cleaners and disinfectants should be used in recommended dilutions and never in a concentrated form. Make sure to wipe off disinfectants with clean water and then dry the vinyl with a clean towel to remove any chemical resident that could discolor or degrade the material surface.