Many MityLite upholstered chairs resist oil and water-based stains, however; you should still clean up spills and stains right away.
- Quickly blot up stain or spills with an absorbent cloth. Be careful not to rub the stain deeper into the fabric.
- If the stain cannot be removed completely by blotting, use the appropriate spot cleaning technique according to the chart below. Always test treatments on a hidden area first to make certain the fabric and color will not be damaged.
- If a spill is solid or semi-solid (like butter or ketchup), remove the excess by gently lifting it with a dull knife.
Your furniture may be labeled with an industry cleanability code. The code is as follows:
- W: Use only water based cleaning agents or foam. Mix 2 tablespoons ammonia or ammoniated detergent, such as Ajax™ liquid, to 1 quart of water. Wipe the stain gently with a cloth dampened with this solution. Continue, turning the cloth so you’re always using a clean portion.
- S: Use only mild, pure, water-free dry cleaning solvents, such as Energine™ or Carbona™. Wet a cloth with the spot cleaner and follow the same procedure as described above.
- WS: Either of the above methods may be used.
- X: Clean fabric only by vacuuming or light brushing to remove soil. Do not use liquid agents of any type.